This next exercise took a little longer for me to do than the others. It required quite a bit of thinking on my part. Thinking aint my strong point!
This exercise required me to look at the habits that I developed while growing up. It is in 2 parts.
Part 1 is about how I was treated as a child. I had to look at a list of things including: emotions, discipline, was I loved and cared for and how I reacted with others.
How people expressed emotions in your family
- They never displayed them
- They showed emotions in violent or dramatic ways
How authorities disciplined you
- They punished you incosistently
- They punished you whether you were behaving well or badly
How you knew you were loved and cared for
- You did not know you were loved; nobody showed love or affection
How you reacted to other people
- You were shy and reserved and rarely approached others
- You interacted with people you trusted but were shy around strangers