I figured it was time to write about the events in London on July 07

I awoke at my usual time of 06:15. I got showered and got dressed. I looked out my bedroom window and couldn’t help but think that the day was feeling a little eerie.

I left for work, went to Tesco and got my lunch for the day. I got to work at my usual time of 07:30.

The rest of the staff came in between 08:00 – 08:30.

At 08:50, news came in on the radio of a ‘loud bang’ heard at London’s Liverpool Street station. This was put down to a power surge. This was also mentioned to us by a couple of our drivers.

At 08:55, another breaking news story came in of yet another power surge – this time at Russell Square station. All of us in the office were a little dubious as to the Underground experiencing 2 power surges.

At 09:00, another breaking news story broke on the radio. Another power surge, this time at Edgware Road station. We knew at this time it was more than electrical trouble.

At 09:47, word came in of an explosion on a London bus. The number 30 in Tavistock Square.

We knew then that 4 bombs had been exploded on London’s transport system.

At 09:10, a Code Amber was ordered on the Underground. This is the immediate evacuation of every part of the Underground network. Stations and trains.

At 10:10, London buses were withdrawn from service.

Around the same time as the withdrawl of the underground, all mainline and suburban rail staions in London were closed. Train services into and out of London were suspended.

London was in panic.

Our office fell virtually silent. Thursday is our busiest day. Phones went almost dead. The phone calls we had were from concerned customers making sure we were alright. Quite comforting to know they cared so much.

Between 10:30 and 12:00, I decided to count the amount of emergency vehicles that passed my office. I counted nothing short of 75 emergency vehicles in a couple of hours.

I went in to the boardroom to watch the TV. The scenes were of utter carnage and devastation. It was enough to make you put your head in your hands and cry.

After watching the news, all I could think about was why London. Why were we jubilant the day before – having just won the bid to host the 2012 Olympic Games. Why were we in utter devastation less than 24 hours later. Why London.

The time came to go home. I had to walk home, as did the rest of London. I was lucky that I live 10 minutes from work.

At 18:00, the buses were returning to the roads. The traffic was gridlocked. Sirens were still blairing. It was very scary.

I got in and talked to Jamie and other friends. It was very comforting to know they were there.

I went to bed that night feeling further away from anyone or anything in the world. A feeling that I never want to experience again as long as I live.

The unnerving, yet assuring, sight was of armed police patrolling the streets of London and London’s public transport system.

All timings are as close to what I can remember as possible